The Board of Trustees
The trustees work in honorary capacity and decide on all matters of fundamental importance. Their most crucial function, however, is to scrutinize the applications for our PhD and MD fellowship programmes. Also, they review proposals for the International Titisee Conferences.
The trustees are appointed by the donors of the Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds for a tenure of three years; renewal is possible.
A tradition of excellence.
We are proud to state that from the very beginning, the Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds has succeeded in appointing to the Board of Trustees distinguished scientists from universities and other institutes of basic research who enjoy the confidence of their peers. Their high demands on quality as well as their stringent selection criteria have gained the foundation the recognition as well as the esteem of the scientific community.
Members of the Board of Trustees
- Prof. Dr Dr Andreas Barner, C.H. Boehringer Sohn AG & Co. KG, Ingelheim am Rhein, Germany
- Prof. Dr Dr Thomas Braun, Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research, Bad Nauheim, Germany
- Prof. Dr Reinhard Jahn, Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Göttingen, Germany
- Prof. Dr U. Benjamin Kaupp, Centre of Advanced European Studies and Research (caesar), Bonn, Germany
- Prof. Dr Christian Klämbt, University of Münster, Münster, Germany
- Dr Ingrid Ohlert, Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, Bonn, Germany (permanent guest)
- Dr Jan-Michael Peters, Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Vienna, Austria
- Prof. Hidde Ploegh, PhD, Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, MA, USA
The Executive Committee
Following consultation with the Board of Trustees, the donors appoint three members of the Board to the Executive Committee. The Executive Committee attends to the regular business of our foundation and implements the resolutions of the Board. A minimum of two Executive Committee members are required to represent the Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds in legal and non-legal matters.
- Prof. Dr Dr Andreas Barner (Chairman)
- Prof. Dr U. Benjamin Kaupp (Deputy Chairman)
- Dr Jan-Michael Peters